Carbon Monoxide

We can test for any leaks in any rooms
What is carbon monoxide (CO)?

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, and poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels; including gas, oil, wood and coal. Carbon-based fuels are safe to use; it is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous. When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from carrying oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.

How can we help?

RDH Plumbing & Heating can test for any leaks in any rooms. We can also supply carbon monoxide detectors for domestic and commercial properties.

As you cannot see, smell, or taste the gas, these detectors will ensure you’re made aware of any leaks before they take affect on your body. We offer an emergency callout service and can visit your property 24/7 to repair any leaks.

What To Do In A Carbon Monoxide Emergency

If your Carbon Monoxide alarm starts beeping DO NOT ignore the alarm.

If you or any members of your family experience Confusion, Dizzyness, Headache, Nausea or Vomiting phone the emergency services and tell them you have the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Go outside along with anyone else in your home, and don’t re-enter until the Emergency  Services have seen to you and your family and given your property the all clear.

If your carbon monoxide alarm is beeping and no one is showing signs of poisoning

Open all windows and doors in your home. Turn off all gas appliances. Shut off the gas supply. Contact Us and leave gas appliances off and property ventilated (leave windows and door open) until we have checked your gas supply and appliances.